Here are some tips to help you stay safe in the online world:
1. Create Complex Passwords. Creating strong, unique passwords for all your critical accounts really is the best way to keep your personal and financial information safe.
2. Protect your photos. Protect your photos with a password and just be cautious while sharing it with others.
3. Be a Selective Sharer. Do not share your personal identity with just about everyone. Just be cautious about what you share, particularly when it comes to your identity information. This can potentially be used to impersonate you, or guess your passwords and logins.
4. Protect Your Mobile Life. Our mobile devices can be just as vulnerable to online threats as our laptops. In fact, mobile devices face new risks, such as risky apps and dangerous links sent by text message. Be careful where you click, don’t respond to messages from strangers, and only download apps from official app stores. Make sure that your security software is enabled on your mobile, just like your computers and other devices.
5. Keep up to date. Keep all your software updated so you have the latest security patches. Turn on automatic updates so you don’t have to think about it, and make sure that your security software is set to run regular scans.
6. Lookout for the latest scams. Online threats are evolving all the time, so make sure you know what to look out for.
7. Keep your guard up. Always be cautious about what you do online, which sites you visit, and what you share.
Please read the following link for more tips on staying safe on the internet.